Potato & peas Madra
Here is another version of madra. It is with fried potato chunks and peas. This curry includes onion and whole spices.
Personally I love madra curry with steam rice. We don’t accompany it with anything this makes a whole meal for my family.
2 cup curd
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 black cardamom
3 green cardamom
1tbsp of coriander powder
1/2 tbsp of garam masala
1 tsp turmeric powder
1tsp of red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1. In a wok. Take some oil. Chop potatoes in small cube size and fry till crispy. Keep aside.
2. In a wok take mustard oil. On a high flame let the mustard oil leaves it pungent fragrance.
3. When the mustard oil reaches the low temperature. Add whole spices and chopped onion.
4. Cook this for about 2-3 min.
5. Now add all the masala’s, turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder salt & red chilli powder. Mix well. Flame shud be on low otherwise all the masala will burnt.
6. Cook this masala for 3-4 min. Add fried potatoes and peas. Mix well.
7. Now add beaten curd 1 tbsp at a time and Mix well.
8. After 5 min, You will see the curd starts to separate oil on sides.
9. Cover it and cook for 2-3 min on low flame.
10. Before serving add a dollop of ghee. Relish Madra with rice 🍚