This recipe I have learnt from my MiL .Her roots are from Himachal. At my in-laws place they prepare both Himachal and Jammu & Kashmiri cuisines. From childhood my husband is not fond of rice but he relishes rice with Madra as it goes really well together with thick curd curry.
Madra is a curd based recipe which is usually made during the marriage feast(Dham) time. As it is enjoyed by everyone so we make it on a weekly basis. There are lot of variations for Madra and I will be posting all kind of Madra on my feed. Today I have prepared chickpeas coconut raisin madra.
2 cup boiled chickpeas
2 cup curd
1/4 cup grated coconut
1/4 cup raisins
1nch cinnamon stick
1 black cardamom
3 green cardamom
1tbsp of coriander powder
1/2 tbsp of garam masala
1 tsp turmeric powder
1tsp of red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1. In a wok take mustard oil. On a high flame let the mustard oil leaves it pungent fragrance.
2. When the mustard oil reaches the low temperature. Add whole spices and grated coconut.
3. Stir well now add raisins and boiled chickpeas peas.
4. Now add all the masala’s turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder salt & red chilli powder. Mix well. Flame shud be on low otherwise all the masala will burnt.
5. Cook this masala for 3-4 min. Now add beaten curd 1 tbsp at a time and Mix well.
6. After 5 min, You will see the curd starts to separate oil on sides.
7. Cover it and cook for 2-3 min.
8. Before serving add a dollop of ghee. Relish chickpea Madra with rice 🍚
My contribution to @cravings4vegan @cooking_day_diaries @flatter_platter_ @foodie_singh_kour
Sponsors @divyamsurabhi @thehandicraftian @style.it20 @healthychoices_in @ambrosia.nuts
Further tagging @indiancookingrecipes @creative.flavours @chennai.malayali