BHADERWAHI RAJMA ( Kidney Beans)
It’s a soul food for my family. Since childhood I have seen my mom bringing rajma ( kidney beans) from Jammu. Now I can totally relate to her emotions as you will find the most authentic bhaderwahi rajma there which has its own beautiful colour and aroma.
So sharing my family’s authentic recipe of Rajma.
1. Soak 2 cup of Rajma overnight.
2. Pressure cook it with 1 black cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon stick and 1tsp of salt for 30 min on low flame.
3. Now in a wok take 2 tbsp of mustard oil, add 1 tsp of cumin seeds, 1 bay leaf & add chopped 1 cup onions. Sauté it.
4. After 2-3 min add ginger & garlic paste. Mix well.
5. Add 1 cup tomato purée and Kashmiri Rajma masala to give a authentic flavouring.
6. Mix well. When oil starts to separate add boiled kidney beans.
7. Add water and check it’s consistency. Serve hot kidney beans curry with ghee and RELISH 😋😋